July 22nd, 2013
September 3rd, 2012
July 25th, 2012
March 26th, 2012
January 31st, 2012
It aims to provide an adequate organization, management and dissemination of meteorological and oceanographic information in Galicia in order to enable and promote better use of it in all fields of use.
Develops three main priorities :
- The compression users acquire the information they have at their disposal (distribution of existing resources and training for current and potential users).
- The quality and quantity of information (methods of prediction, and variable number of sites prediction and observation, development of products).
- Access to information.
In Galicia, the government agency responsible for meteorological and oceanographic information is MeteoGalicia, belonging to the Ministry of Environment, Land and Infrastructure In this project, in order to achieve these objectives, aims to equip MeteoGalicia and its website (http://meteogalicia.es/) of a series of features and services:
- Facilitate consultation of information through Geographic Information System (GIS) web (Web-GIS) that provides integrated access to all information available through a map viewer where you can find information about anywhere and variable.
- Increase connectivity and interoperability through the implementation of formats and standard communication protocols proposed by the Open Geospatial Consortium, OGC (in particular the Working Group Domain Meteorology, Meteorology DWG) and other protocols geoscientists, and also through the implementation of information tailored for mobile devices.
- Allow to obtain customized information tailored to the interests of each user (allowing, for example, to select what information they want to receive notices automatically in their mail account).
- Adjust the information to the needs and abilities of users to adapt the user interface based on the profile you select..
- Increase the amount of information available to the public directly without intermediaries.
- Allow the production of new weather information derived from information already being produced by MeteoGalicia, for example, mapping climatological averages from existing historical data or validate the predictions by comparing them with values subsequently registered by the sensors.
- Improving MeteoGalicia internal procedures increasing automation of certain tasks (operational forecasting and management of publication of numerical predictions).